Issue 2: Marine (December 2018)
The Plymouth White Papers Issue 2: Marine will be published in early December 2018 and will be available online and in a limited print edition.
The Plymouth White Papers are collection of essays edited by Luke Pollard MP and written by men and women across Plymouth designed to challenge, provoke and inspire.
The second set of essays is about “Marine,” featuring essays from across Plymouth’s marine sectors in support of our campaign to designate Plymouth as the UK’s first National Marine Park. It seeks to outline why Plymouth’s marine heritage matters, and how we can protect, preserve and develop our marine environment in the future.
Our Plymouth White Paper issue 2: Marine contributors are:
- Amanda Lumley, Plymouth City Council
- Sam Cade, Member of Youth Parliament 2018-19
- Professor Martin Attrill, University of Plymouth
- Charles Clover, CEO of Blue Marine Foundation
- Cllr Pam Bucham, Marine Social Science Researcher
- Dr. Antony Firth, MCIfA
- Oleta Forde, Plymouth Beach Clean Volunteers
- Cllr Sue Dann, PCC Cabinet Member responsible for National Marine Park
- Chris Loughlin, Pennon Group
Our sponsor for the second issue is Pennon Group. While Pennon is our sponsor, I want to stress they will have no editorial say in the White Paper other than an article from their Chief Executive. You might recall that the first Plymouth White Paper similarly featured Great Western Rail as our local business voice.
Keep an eye out for more information.