Luke hosted a panel of local Plymouth experts on Facebook Live and Zoom last week, in order to provide constituents of Plymouth Sutton and Devonport with information on Covid-19 and the vaccination programme.
Making up the panel were:
- Ruth Harrell, the Director of Public Health for Plymouth City Council;
- Ann James, the Chief Executive of University Hospitals Plymouth;
- Prof. David Salter BSc MA MSc DPhil(Oxon);
- Elaine de Trafford, Barclays employee and small businesses expert;
- Cllr Tudor Evans, Leader of Plymouth City Council.
The event provided useful and reassuring knowledge about the vaccine rollout in Plymouth and when people can expect to be vaccinated. It also highlighted how small businesses are coping with lockdown and what support is available to them.
The panellists stressed that so far, Plymouth has dealt with pandemic really well, largely down to the hard work of the city’s residents. Let’s keep sticking to lockdown restrictions and social distancing and get those case numbers down again!
Note: This event was held on 21st January. For the latest advice on Coronavirus, please go to: www.gov.uk/coronavirus.