Today marks another lifting of some coronavirus restrictions in England. From today, the following is now permitted or allowed to open:
- All shops
- Hairdressers, beauty salons and other close-contact services
- Restaurants and pubs (serving food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors)
- Gyms, spas, zoos, theme parks, libraries, and community centres
- Holidays in England in self-contained accommodation by members of the same household
- Non-essential journeys between England and Wales
- Weddings – up to 15 people
- Funerals – up to 30 people, with 15 at wakes
- Indoor children’s activities
- Two care home visitors per resident
- Driving lessons – with driving tests restarting on 22 April
- Limited visiting allowed at Derriford Hospital – where visiting is permitted on general wards there is a ‘rule of one’, meaning one visitor for one hour, once a day, per patient.
Whilst this is an exciting time, it is essential that social distancing is maintained, masks are worn, and we continue where possible to minimise the potential spread of the virus. It is also important that we still shop local and support those businesses that have done the right thing during the pandemic.
To see a list of Plymouth restaurants opening today, please click here.
As the guidance changes constantly, please always make sure to check the government website regularly.