Buildings at Risk
Too many iconic buildings in Plymouth have been left to rot. Luke’s challenge to their owners is simple: invest in these buildings or sell them to someone who will.
On 5 April 2022, Luke launched his Buildings at Risk List – ten important buildings in our city that have fallen into disuse and disrepair.
“Plymouth has a proud history and these properties tell our story. Many are over a century old, surviving the Plymouth Blitz and the wrecking ball of past regenerations.
“It’s time these buildings were given a new lease of life, a fresh purpose and a brighter future.”
Luke will be updating the Buildings at Risk List on an annual basis until Plymouth’s historic buildings are brought back to life.
Here is the Buildings at Risk List:
- The Palace Theatre, Union Street
- The Royal Fleet Club, Devonport
- The Reel Cinema, City Centre
- The Pot Black Building/Mechanics Institute, Devonport.
- Pounds House, Central Park
- Raglan Gatehouse, Devonport
- Great Western Hotel, Union Street
- The Cooperage, the Barbican.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Building (aka the Natwest Building), City Centre
- St Simon’s Church, Mount Gould.