Prior to Covid-19, Luke held monthly #MeetLuke events, in addition to his weekly Facebook Live Q&A #AskLuke and regular surgeries (now by Zoom but previously at his city-centre office).
At these, constituents would have the opportunity to meet Luke and to put your questions to him in person – about Brexit, climate change, Plymouth, or just to watch the debate.
These are on hold for the time being due to Covid-19, however you can still get in touch if you would like to raise an issue with Luke, or would like his assistance. You can do this by calling 01752 717255 and leaving a voicemail message, or emailing email@example.com
While we wait to get #MeetLuke events back up and running, Luke has been holding regular topical events with certain groups; for example with those excluded from government assistance during the pandemic, and with certain businesses and self-employed individuals like tattooists and beauticians.
Luke also continues to hold monthly roundtable sessions with stakeholders around the city on important topics, such as homelessness and the environment – but via Zoom
“Today when there is so much distrust and uncertainty in politics, it is up to politicians to be in touch with the communities they serve.
As an MP nothing is more important than engaging with the people I represent. Because I think politics is broken, I want to do things differently.
I hope to get my #MeetLuke Q&A sessions back up and running again soon, but in the meantime please join me at my weekly #AskLuke weekly Facebook Live sessions, where you can ask me anything. I hope you can come along soon.”
Where Luke has been:
- July 1, 2017: Keyham Green Places, Devonport
- August 5, 2017: Pride in Plymouth, St Peter, and the Waterfront
- September 2, 2017: Stoke Youth and Community Centre, Stoke
- September 30, 2017: Mount Gould Methodist Church, Sutton, and Mount Gould
- November 11, 2017: Compton Church, Compton
- January 20, 2018: East End Development Trust, Sutton, and Mount Gould
- February 10, 2018: St Paul’s Church, Efford, and Lipson
- March 10, 2018: City College Plymouth, Stoke
- April 14, 2018: Rockets and Rascals, St Peter and the Waterfront
- May 19, 2018: Hope Baptist Church. Peverell
- June 23, 2018: Freedom Fields Park, Sutton, and Mount Gould
- July 13, 2018: Devonport Live, Devonport
- September 29, 2018: Efford Youth and Community Centre, Efford and Lipson
- October 20, 2018: Onward House, Drake
- November 17, 2018: Emmanuel Church, Compton
- March 15, 2019: Trinity United Reformed Church, Peverell
- March 23, 2019: Quaker House, Drake
- June 16, 2019: Scott College, Stoke
- July 13, 2019: Union Corner, Stonehouse
- January 25, 2020: Keyham Green Places, Devonport
- February 22, 2020: Efford Christian Fellowship on Torridge Way, Efford
If you want Luke to visit your area, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and organise a #MeetLuke near you when we are able to start them up again!