Luke Pollard MP Member of Parliament for Plymouth Sutton and Devonport
Visit Luke in Parliament with your school
Come visit Luke in the Houses of Parliament with your school and learn what Members do as your representatives.
The Parliamentary Education Centre offers visits during term time, Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm. You can choose between two types of visits:
- A film and a tour
- A tour and a workshop
Bookings can be made online a term in advance.
- Online bookings for Summer Term 2019 will open at 09:30am on Monday 3rd December 2018, and will remain open until midnight on Sunday 27th January 2019.
The education centre also takes short notice bookings by phone on 020 7219 4496. Their advisors will be able to talk you through the programmes available and recommend the most suitable option for you and your class.
- Current availability for Autumn term 2018 and Spring term 2019 can be found on their Short Notice Bookings page.
- Current availability for Autumn term 2018 and Spring term 2019 can be found on our Short Notice Bookings page.
State-funded schools from Plymouth are entitled to claim back up to 75% for travel expenses (per school per financial year).
More information about the tour, films and workshops is listed on the Parliamentary Education Centre’s web page.
They aim to inform, engage and empower young people to understand and get involved in the work of their UK Parliament.
Their dedicated Education Centre provides young people with the opportunity to visit and learn about their democracy through an engaging and diverse series of workshops.
They also run an outreach programme in schools across the UK, provide teacher training and offer a range of curriculum based resources to support teaching about Parliament and democracy.
The UK Parliament’s schools programme is informed by a development framework. This framework places our key messages in the appropriate curricular context, maximising Parliament’s educational value to teachers and learners.
Stay in touch with Parliament Education
- Email the bookings team
- Email the teacher training team
- Subscribe to their monthly e-newsletter
- Follow @UKParlEducation on Twitter