Luke Pollard MP Member of Parliament for Plymouth Sutton and Devonport
- Education and Engagement Service to host next Teachers’ Institute 22-24 June 2020
- Free opportunity for teachers to experience Parliament first-hand
- Transport, accomodation and meal costs covered
Between 22 and 24 June 2020, the Education and Engagement Service will be hosting the next residential, “Teachers’ Institute”, as part of the UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme. This is a fantastic opportunity for teachers to come and learn more about Parliament, tour the Palace of Westminster, meet MPs and Peers and generally access information that can be passed on to young people.
Transport, accomodation and meal costs are covered, meaning the experience will be completely free. With a record of success, this is definitely an opportunity worth considering. The course includes:
- Q&A sessions with MPs and Peers
- Talks from subject specialists
- Interactive workshops on how to engage pupils in the work of UK Parliament
- Tours of the Palace of Westminster
Following the last course in 2019, 100% of teachers involved said they felt confident (29%) or very confident (71%) teaching about Parliament. 100% said they would recommend Teachers’ Institute to their colleagues. One Teacher Ambassador (2019) said:
“It has been the most amazing course I’ve been on. I’ve found it has really fired my passion again. It has given me real and practical ideas I can take back to school.”
If you are interested in inquiring, you can do so here.